Resume / CV
Highly motivated, entrepreneurial college graduate from Boston University’s School of Management. Majored in Business Administration with a double-concentration in International Management and Entrepreneurship. Proven self-starter with a passion for the hospitality industry, travel media, PR, marketing, event management, and social media. Has worked in private equity research and in investment banking industry.
Trilingual: native fluency in Portuguese and English, conversational fluency in Spanish; 3rd Semester-level French; skilled in MAC OS, Windows Operating System & Microsoft Office; background in financial research, investment banking services, social media, PR, hospitality and event industry.
Dealogic, New York, USA | November 2011 – June 2013
Relationship Associate – Regulatory & Compliance
- Facilitated regulatory & compliance certification procurement with investment banking clientele including JP Morgan Chase, Jefferies & Co., Itaú Securities, Royal Bank of Scotland, BTG Pactual, BNP Paribas, among others;
- Managed client-investor relationships within their respective legal departments; served as a product expert to both internal and external clients.
LNL Limitada, Luanda, Angola| Semptember 2012 – Present
Cofounder, Managing Director
- Transformed the luanda-nightlife.com blog into the biggest online database and review site for restaurants, bars, lounges and clubs in Luanda; generated trusted content to ensure that reviews are among the most respected in the industry by both restaurants and readers;
- Created strong social media community with over 10,500 people across three platforms; readers interact daily with our content;
- Monetized website with an innovative ad scheme that seamlessly incorporates them into our content.
Private Equity International, New York, USA | March – November 2011
- Researched hundreds of private equity, private equity real estate, and private equity infrastructure funds around the globe for subsequent inclusion in company’s database;
- Developed a specialization in funds in emerging markets, particularly Latin America
Restaurante & Bar Caipirinha Lounge, Lda. Luanda, Angola | March 2009 – Present
- Invented the Caipirinha Lounge brand in March 2009 and founded its parent company in August 2010;
- Wrote the business plan for and bought into the company that will create one of Angola’s most unique hospitality establishments.
Luanda International Jazz Festival (Ritek Investment Group) Luanda, Angola | July – Sept 2010
Linguist, Personal Assistant
- Authored, researched and translated various legal and administrative documents, press releases, editorial articles, contracts, musician biographies and interviews from English to Portuguese.
- Interpreted and translated a live press conference featuring world-renowned musicians for local and international media.
YoQueVos.com Buenos Aires, Argentina | May – August 2009
- Authored and implemented a Social Media Marketing Plan based on market research for YoQueVos, an Argentine start-up that sends a weekly lifestyle newsletter to its subscribers; presented plan to company’s Argentine investors.
- Increased subscriber numbers from roughly 7,500 to 10,000 by marketing company extensively on social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and the blogosphere.
Boston University School of Management; Boston, MA | September 2006 – May 2010
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Dual Concentration in International Management and Entrepreneurship
- Dean’s List Spring 2010
- BU International Management Organization, Vice President, Co-Founder
- BU Soccer Club, Member
Authored numerous travel, political, and current events artiles that have appeared in CNN, The Guardian (UK), Mail & Guardian (South Africa), Africa is a Country, Matador Network and Bradt Travel Guides; frequent political and current events blogger for several English and Portuguese web publications.